Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tarts

The crust recipe http://www.joyofbaking.com/FruitTart.html It's a little time consuming, but I just used the Jello Pudding from the store for the middle (don't use Kroger not as creamy) so I didn't mind putting a little more effort into the crust. It tastes a lot like a shortbread cookie. I didn't put it into a pie dish either, as you can tell from the pic, but I used the mini muffin tins, and cut the time in half for how long to bake.
I found this recipe for the middle:

· Tart
1 1/2 cups milk

· 3/4 cup half-and-half cream

· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

· 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

·

But I ran out of time, to get to the store for Half and half, I'm sure it would have made it creamier, but mine was still delish. I used the pie filling recipe on the box, use 2 1/2 cups milk instead of 3 cups. I waited to put the pudding in right before, thought the tart might get soggy, but not at all, I could have put it in sooner. Top with any fruit you want. Happy Baking! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment