Friday, November 12, 2010

My friend is cool.

This is her granola rounds I want to try out. She has now become Editor of Natural Parents Network.

Way to go Beth!


This is her healthy, pumpkin muffin. I rate it around a 7. It's really good, but I probably prefer a bran muffin. It isn't addicting, but leaves you satisfied. I thought I had gotten everything I needed, but came to find out I had naturally sweetened cinnamon applesauce, so I used it instead and used a little less than 1/4 cup nectar and did a pinch of cinnamon to kinda counteract my substitute. I used mini chocolate chips too. What I really like is how filled with nutrition they are. ;)
Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. agave nectar
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1/3 c. unbleached white flour
  • 1/3 c. wheat flour
  • 1/3 c. wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup oats (thrown in a blender until fine)
  • 1/2 T. gluten
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. ground cloves
  • 1/4 t. allspice
  • 1/4 t. ginger
  • 2 dashes of nutmeg
  • 1 dash of black pepper
  • 1/2 c. walnuts (thrown in a blender until fine)
  • 1/3 - 1/2 c. chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips (and nuts) and toss. Set aside.
  2. In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Fold the dry into the wet, being careful not to over-mix.
  3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment